Newbie questions!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Discogod
Portaloo

4 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2012 :  10:22:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey all, just signed up for littering, hope you don't mind me asking some questions?

Where camping is available, what's the biz with electricity & charging mobile phones?

There may be more questions in future! Thanks :)

Jin
DCSS

United Kingdom
526 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  09:20:48  Show Profile  Visit Jin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Discogod,

Welcome to the forum . I am not certain which show you are referring to but in general DC Site Services camp in Staff Camping. The area is more secure than public camping as only staff members can enter the area.

The actual location of the campsite for each show is described in the event information section of PAAM. The information is usually available at least a week before the start date.

We try to supply electricity to our staff at all our camping shows but it can often be in high demand however you shouldn't find it to be too big a problem.

Please feel free to keep the questions flowing.
Go to Top of Page

Discogod
Portaloo

4 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  10:52:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks so much Jin.

At the moment i'm just down for beachbreak but i've applied also to 2000 Trees.

Am i right in thinking we get our shift times when we arrive? Also does anyone know what time we actually have to arrive on site (and when we leave?) Of course, need to consider time it takes to put up tent etc :)

And whilst i'm at it - i take it there's no uniform? we just wear what we like (i'm littering). Are gloves provided?

Hmm... another q - is it possible to commute to the site each day & not camp? I assume there is also space for car parking too, is there a cost to this?

lol... free flowing now, i think i'm all out at the moment!

Thanks to anyone who dare respond
Go to Top of Page

Jin
DCSS

United Kingdom
526 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  16:14:22  Show Profile  Visit Jin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello again,

Some shows we preallocate the shift (eg: Day or night) others we just allocate the role (eg: Litter). The actual times of the shift are in the event information on PAAM (subject to change).

The arrival date and car parking situation is also in this information but as a general rule you usually are expected to arrive the date which is stated on PAAM. This is usually the day before you are due to start work which gives you time to collect uniform , be briefed about our role on the site, put up your tent and make new friends.

We provide you with t-shirts, hi-vis and gloves as part of uniform you will however require dark trousers with dark shoes. You may also like to read our "What kind of clothes should I bring" FAQ for a better idea.

If car parking is available it will be at no cost but you will need to notify us when you check in as you may need to be issued with a vehicle pass. Some shows do not have parking but these will be stated in the event info.

It is possible in some circumstances to commute but you will need to contact us prior to the show.

As of yet we have no information regarding beach break live due to some last minute changes but I have been assured information should be up on Monday.

I hope this helps and looking forward to further questions.
Go to Top of Page

Discogod
Portaloo

4 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  22:36:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks once again, very helpful indeed! I'll leave it there for now, may be back after Monday :)
Go to Top of Page

Discogod
Portaloo

4 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2012 :  10:45:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, Been away for a while, got a few more q's :P

as i've not worked for DC before i need to do the payroll info - is it possible to bring this to beachbreak rather than post it in?
Approximately how long will the shifts be?

And an off-topic question, what roles are available for Reading?
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Jin
DCSS

United Kingdom
526 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2012 :  11:32:24  Show Profile  Visit Jin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome Back ,
If by payroll information you mean the P45/38(S) then yes this is fine.

I am unsure of the exact shift times currently but if I get any more information I will pass it on. It is likely that the shift length hasn't been determined yet.

DCSS are the providers of the campsite fire marshalling stewards, the role is to report any fires that do not meet campsite regulations to the zone manager and talk to campers about the regulations.

Hope this helps and enjoy Beachbreak Live.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
DC Site Services Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000