Festival Republic - Clean Crew Camps
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

Mark
DCSS

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2008 :  16:08:11  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This issue of Festival Republic's Greening Festivals newsletter looks at ways staff, crews and stewards can reduce their environmental impact in travelling to Latitude, Reading and Leeds Festivals, and at their Crew Camps onsite. It also discusses plans to make all the timber onsite Forest Stewardship Council certified. All staff and stewards attending these festivals, please take the time to read the newsletter which is available online here

Again please feel free to discuss this below! Be great to hear your views...

Cool_Mum_Joolz
Walkie-talkie

United Kingdom
133 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  20:58:55  Show Profile  Visit Cool_Mum_Joolz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm absolutely in favour of car-pooling, as well as being slightly greener, car-sharing makes for a more pleasant journey and is cheaper if petrol-costs are shared. But the problem with having a full car when driving to festivals is that...... you have a FULL car.
I can happily accomodate 3 people plus camping gear in my little Corsa, but any more and rear visibility is zilch and dangerous. I also suspect that even after pumping the tyres up, any more people and fuel economy goes the wrong way, or at least it feels that way?
Don't forget,
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
DC Site Services Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000