Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Jin
DCSS

United Kingdom
526 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2014 :  15:00:06  Show Profile  Visit Jin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What is lift sharing?

The idea of lift sharing is to meet with another person who is heading to the same destination, usually in a car, and travel together. Meaning you half the fuel costs and help the environment!

In previous years many of our festival and event staff have arranged to lift share via the DCSS Forum – please do try and travel together whenever possible.

How to arrange a lift share?

If you are offering a lift post a message in this topic including:

• Where you are coming from
• Where you are going
• When you are going
• How many spaces you have

E.g. "I am leaving Reading on 9th July, heading to Latitude Festival, I have 3 spaces in my car."

If you are requesting a lift post a message in this topic including:

• Where you are coming from
• Where you are going
• When you are going
• How many spaces you're looking for

E.g. "I am leaving Reading on 9th July, heading to Latitude Festival with 2 friends."

If you can't source a lift from someone from the forums you can also try:

• www.liftshare.org
• www.freewheelers.co.uk

How to contact people about lift sharing?

You can contact people directly via this forum; if you click on their username next to one of their posts this will take you to their forum profile where you can click "Click to send an E-Mail".

This is a good way to work out the finer details such as the times and locations.

Best of luck finding your lift!

kayleighdawn
Portaloo

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2014 :  10:47:06  Show Profile  Visit kayleighdawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Helloooo! Is anybody driving from London (or anywhere close by) to Glastonbudget??? Would be great to get a lift share and of course I can contribute towards petrol.. I'd also like to get a lift share back!
My email is : kayleighdawn@hotmail.co.uk

:D

Edited by - kayleighdawn on 13/05/2014 10:51:04
Go to Top of Page

samtcarey
Portaloo

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2014 :  21:58:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I'm looking for a lift from Bristol to Glastonbury on Monday 21st June. I can supply sweets, a horrible singing voice, a bald head and petrol money.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

charlie.bainbridge
Watchtower

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2014 :  08:33:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm working Campervan night shifts..... Anyone driving down from Manchester I can jump in with, pitch in for petrol. Charlie
Go to Top of Page

thecrill
Portaloo

1 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2014 :  17:35:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm driving from Newcastle to Glastonbury Tuesday 24th June and returning Monday 30th. If you require a lift, get in touch. All I ask is a little fuel money and a little conversation.
Go to Top of Page

art
Portaloo

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2014 :  18:45:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm getting into Castle Cary train station on the 24th June for Glastonbury around 12.40. Are there going to be shuttle buses to the site from there?
Go to Top of Page

Lindsay Gilbert
DCSS

United Kingdom
39 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2014 :  09:26:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Information on shuttle buses will be made available soon, so be sure that you are subscribed to our news letter for updates. In the meantime, I would suggest looking into alternative transport from the train station to the site just to be safe.

Kind Regards,
Admin.
Go to Top of Page

davidrawlings57@yahoo.co.
Portaloo

6 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2014 :  11:57:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone traveling from reading on the monday
Go to Top of Page

Aonghas
Portaloo

4 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2014 :  18:58:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
del

Edited by - Aonghas on 15/12/2017 21:53:06
Go to Top of Page

courteva
Portaloo

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2014 :  18:44:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kayleighdawn
Helloooo! Is anybody driving from London (or anywhere close by) to Glastonbudget??? Would be great to get a lift share and of course I can contribute towards petrol.. I'd also like to get a lift share back!
My email is : kayleighdawn@hotmail.co.uk

:D

Hey Kayleigh, I will also be travelling from London, so we should buddy up and find a ride together. To anyone else out there reading, I'd also be happy to contribute to petrol and cracking entertainment :)

Get back to me! X
Go to Top of Page

davidrawlings57@yahoo.co.
Portaloo

6 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2014 :  19:47:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do shuttle or any bus go to fest on Monday from train station
Go to Top of Page

gizmo_firemarshal
Support Act

155 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2014 :  22:22:04  Show Profile  Click to see gizmo_firemarshal's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yes but they drop off at yellow gate/ red gate , here is the info , BUSES

The Festival Bus Station is located at the NW tip of the site by Pedestrian Gate A and between Yellow Gate and Red Gate. It’s split into distinct sections and Festival bus services are marked GF1, GF2, GF3, Rail & Ride and Pick Up/Drop Off shuttle.

1. BRISTOL SHUTTLE BUS Service (GF3, £15 each way, Centurion Coaches ‘Rail & Ride’)

You should have your ‘official letter’/ticket with you in case you’re asked to prove you are legit.

(a) Bristol Temple Meads to Festival

Wed 26th to Thurs 27th June at 0900 – 19.00 departure times hourly.

(b) Festival to Bristol

Sun 26th 14.00 to 23.00 and Mon 27th 06.00 to 16.00 departures hourly

In reality, coming in, it will initially be better than hourly but may then deteriorate if traffic is heavy and buses take too long on the round trip. Likewise returning on Monday (Sunday not usually a problem) depends on round trip time.

[NB Fri 28th June - Mon 1st July there is no service so take a train to Castle Cary and free shuttle to site. Wed 26th – Sat 29th June there is no service so use free shuttle to Castle Cary and catch a train there]

2. CASTLE CARY FREE SHUTTLE BUS – Rail & Ride

(a) CC to Festival

Staff only bus Sun 23rd 1000 -1930, Mon 24th & Tue 25th 0800 – 1930 approx. Then with the public from Wed 26th to Fri 28th June 0800 – 2230

(b) Festival to CC

Sun 30th June 0800 – 2000 approx. 30 min. intervals; Mon 1st July 0300 -1800 approx. 15 min. intervals, Tues. 2nd July

3. SERVICE FROM/TO GLASTONBURY (Service GF1, £4 each way)

Marked ‘Festival’ & runs from Glastonbury Town Hall to Festival Bus Station & return, Wed 26th June – Mon 1st July

4. SERVICE FROM/TO SHEPTON MALLET (Service GF2, £2 each way)

Runs from Cenotaph to Festival Bus Station & return Sun 30th June hourly from 1000-0100. No service on Mon 1st July but limited 669 service during the day.

NB: ALL BUSES ARRIVE & LEAVE FROM YELLOW GATE near Pedestrian Gate A (PGA).

there the festival organized buses however in some years dc have organized a minibus for staff to take them to blue gate/dc compound however your have to ask admin about those

Go to Top of Page

Alkaholly
Portaloo

6 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2014 :  15:44:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hiya everybody..
I have seven free seats going from london to glastonbury, on tuesday 24th January

Thanks
Holly
Go to Top of Page

gymfitange
Portaloo

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2014 :  13:38:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone - I'll be driving up in my little VW on Sat 21st from near Trowbridge in Wiltshire. I'll prob leave here around 11am so Im in plenty of time for the briefing at 4pm. Got room for 1 or 2 people and gear :-) I'm on 8 day clicking....... nights :-/ never done this before but looking forward to meeting lots of new happy people.

Big smiles to ya

Ange :-)

Go to Top of Page

Claire T
Portaloo

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2014 :  16:03:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi I am trying to get a lift from Nottingham to Glastonbury to arrive on Monday 23rd June 2014 to attend a briefing at 4pm. I need a return lift on Monday 30th June 2014 also. Happy to pay towards fuel and help carry bags tents etc.

I can also travel from near Bristol Weston-Super-Mare as I have friends there if no Nottingham lift is available.

Thanks

Claire
Go to Top of Page

Twinklaeh
Portaloo

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2014 :  21:51:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thecrill
Hi, I'm driving from Newcastle to Glastonbury Tuesday 24th June and returning Monday 30th. If you require a lift, get in touch. All I ask is a little fuel money and a little conversation.

Hello, I want to travel from Newcastle on the same dates and a lift and some conversation would be perfect. Do you still have spaces?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5  Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
DC Site Services Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000