New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Binstig
Portaloo

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2011 :  21:16:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well as a last minute decision I decided to apply to work at this years festival and I'm now officially part of the dubiously named "night crew".. I've not worked for DCSS before but I'm looking forward to it as I have been to Reading many years and the company look pretty reliable!

Now I know the likelihood is either I'll be working on one of the fire towers or doing some form of traffic work but I just want to know if these are the only roles we undertake whilst working for them?

Anyays, hello and look forward to seeing y'all there!

Josh x

Speedtouch
Watchtower

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2011 :  22:45:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The info sheet says the roles undertaken are Fire Watchers and Zone Walkers. :)
Go to Top of Page

Binstig
Portaloo

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2011 :  00:57:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent! I've not had too long to go over everything so I've got a lot to do in a matter of days. Still need to send the sodding tax form (student, you see) and upload a photo!

Also, will just one form of photo ID be acceptable? Got a little confused over what was asked of me!
Go to Top of Page

Speedtouch
Watchtower

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2011 :  10:42:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha indeed us students will break the system somehow :P I'll have my drivers license as I always have that on me and my passport to prove I can work in the UK. :) I'm fairly certain just the passport will be OK; please do correct me if I'm wrong :P
Go to Top of Page

Binstig
Portaloo

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2011 :  15:33:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also, I'm getting the bus to the festival from west London so what is the best way to walk to the site once I get to the reading rail station (which is the last stop for my bus!).
Go to Top of Page

Jin
DCSS

United Kingdom
526 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2011 :  17:17:54  Show Profile  Visit Jin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Binstig
Also, I'm getting the bus to the festival from west London so what is the best way to walk to the site once I get to the reading rail station (which is the last stop for my bus!).

The best form of ID to bring is a UK Passport, this not only counts as your photo ID but also allows us to carry out the necessary checks to ensure you are entitled to work in the UK.

Without this document or one of the other documents listed in the "Entitlement to work in the UK" guide we can't offer you a job when you arrive on site.

Details on how to arrive on site on foot is outlined in the Reading Festival PAAM Info" on your PAAM account. Click "Event Info" next to "Reading Festival" on your PAAM Overview to access this information.

I hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

Speedtouch
Watchtower

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2011 :  19:07:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just checking something:
Please be prepared for camping!! We will provide two meal vouchers on the shift that you work. That can be used in the staff catering facility on-site *during the show days*, you will need to make your own provision for additional meals.

Does that mean that there is nowhere to use these vouchers/we don't get vouchers on the Wednesday and Thursday? i.e. When does the staff food van/area open? :)
Go to Top of Page

FC
DCSS Moderator

United Kingdom
244 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2011 :  19:54:24  Show Profile  Visit FC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Crew catering is normally open everyday i believe it will start packing up on Monday you will get 2 vouchers at the beginning of every shift your first shift will normally be Wednesday so you will have food from then on : ) best to bring snacks and food for Tuesday though! Hope this helps - also bear in mind that Tesco isn't too far away so if you need anything you can either buy it on site or take a short walk to Tesco
Go to Top of Page

kerriberri
Portaloo

2 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2012 :  17:38:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi!
I am applying to work at Reading (did it last year but with a different org)... I'm just a bit worried about getting the time off from my job because of not knowing the shifts until later on... from the FAQs etc it looks like for litterpicking jobs you have to do 5 shifts and so this is a more spread-out role... BUT am I right in thinking from the Calendar that there aren't any litterpicking jobs at Reading? just stewarding? If that's the case, what are the earliest and latest shifts I could end up with: Wednesday to Monday?
Any tips would be much appreciated!
Kerri
Go to Top of Page

Jin
DCSS

United Kingdom
526 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2012 :  13:08:58  Show Profile  Visit Jin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,
Reading shifts are Wednesday to monday but you will need to arrive on tuesday for your breifing.

Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

kerriberri
Portaloo

2 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2012 :  21:17:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jin!
My place is confirmed now yay :)
What time are the Tuesday briefings, is it usually the evening? Just trying to sort transport and book the time off from my 'real' job!
Also i've read the FAQs and some of the other forum threads and can't find the answer to this but can you confirm whether shifts will be the same everyday weds-mon like 9-9 from what i've read? (i'm on day shifts)
Sorry I know we'll get info nearer the time but would be good to know now from people in the know!
Go to Top of Page

Jin
DCSS

United Kingdom
526 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2012 :  00:24:38  Show Profile  Visit Jin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry for the delay in reply. Busy week.

It is best to arrive around 5pm on Tuesday for an evening briefing. Your allocated shift will remain the same throughout the week.

Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

T.BC
Walkie-talkie

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2012 :  15:33:33  Show Profile  Visit T.BC's Homepage  Click to see T.BC's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
We still camping in White or moved somewhere else?
Go to Top of Page

Rob
Support Act

Kazakhstan
445 Posts

Posted - 17/08/2012 :  12:56:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeo back in jolly old white zone.
Go to Top of Page

BurtWilliams
Portaloo

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2017 :  06:47:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jdin
Sorry for the delay in reply. Busy week.

It is best to arrive around
Hope this helps.

Anyone going this year?

Edited by - BurtWilliams on 25/08/2017 11:23:11
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
DC Site Services Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000